Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wednesday's Worktable

There are many, many things on my worktable today.

...And, apparently, I'm rebelling from last month's saturation of Autumnal hues, because there isn't a brown or red or yellow to be seen. Pumpkin spice? Not today! (Although I would certainly go for a hot apple cider... That does sound quite yummy.)

First up! I'm working on a bracelet to match the necklace I made last week. (You can see the unfinished necklace in this post, near the end.) When the entire set is done, I'll be sure to post pictures. :)

Even the black thread matches the necklace!
...And that's quite serendipitous, considering it's currently the only thread color that I have.

And, because I always seem to be working on multiple things at once, here is another thing on my worktable: more paper beads!


 ...Two different color schemes, all destined to become something lovely!

Last week, when I was spending time with my best friend, we went to Michaels and I treated myself to these lovely papers. I mean, c'mon--they were only $0.25 a sheet! So, for $2, I got eight different designs... Five of them are shown here, and the other three are a surprise!

Making the first round of beads.

I also bought some coordinating beads to go with these papers, and I'm really excited to see how everything turns out. 

Another glamour shot of the beads.
Just because.

And! A special treat!

Two weeks ago, my Wednesday's Worktable featured all different shades of blue--shades that made me happy, but that I was unsure how to use. Well, after a few different variations, I'm pleased to show off what I came up with.

These components...


 Became this necklace-and-earring set!

Ta-da!

It looks positively rich when worn--and, honestly, makes me want to design a Renaissance Festival outfit around it. I think that would be quite lovely.

Let's see... In other news, my monthly challenge is coming along quite nicely. So far, I have made two sets inspired by Edward Gorey--three, if you include one that I made for the fun of it and then, after the fact, realized rather fits the theme. That reveal is coming up at the end of next week, and I can't wait!

Also! There have been quite a few other real-life, adultish things going on--not to me, necessarily, but to people I care about. While I don't really want to go into details here, any prayers/good vibes you want to send our way would definitely be appreciated!

So, there you go... my busy life is busy. Some of it is good, some of it is not-so-good... but it is definitely, definitely not boring! And I'm excited to see how the not-so-good turns around and becomes awesome. Because, honestly, I think it will. :)

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Any chance you could do a short photo tutorial of how you make your paper beads? Yours are so nice that I think I want to try making my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I can definitely do that! I use the paper bead roller and sealer from PaperBeadGirl... I’m not affiliated with her in any way, but I have definitely found her products to be pretty good. (Her website: https://paperbeadgirl.com ) The process should be the similar regardless of tools, however... I’ll try to get that tutorial up sometime before Christmas. :)

      Delete
    2. I love the shape and slenderness of your beads and that's what I want to replicate.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)