Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday's Worktable

I have one word for today's worktable: earrings!

...I'm sure that's a surprise. ;)

Still, for today's earrings, I thought I'd try something a bit different. 


Random bits and pieces leftover from other projects, strewn about on my table.

You see, on my worktable, I have a lot of pieces of both waxed cotton and leather cord. These bits are mostly leftovers from the wrap bracelets that I've been making. I've been wanting to do something with these bits besides just throwing them away... So, I decided to try my hand at incorporating them into today's earring designs.

Here are the three pairs that I made!





Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure what I think of them. They hang nicely and are very light, but I suppose I'm not quite used to this aesthetic.


Here they are, all together.

Regardless, they were fun to make... The more I look at them, the more they're growing on me. 

This is supposed to be a challenge, after all... and it's always fun to try something new!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much! That gives me confidence to play around with this aesthetic even more. :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)