Friday, July 31, 2020

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - July Reveal

It's the last day in July, and here I am for one final reveal this month! Woo-hoo!

It's been quite some time since I did a Wonder and Whimsy challenge--a personal challenge, just to get my creative juice flowing--and I really wanted to get back into the swing of things. 

So! To get back into the habit of doing these challenges, this month I decided to make jewelry based on summer thunderstorms. (Technically, it's was my best friend's idea... credit where credit is due.)

Photo by Jonas Kaiser on Unsplash

Now, I had four necklaces in the works for this challenge, and only finished one of them. Ah well! That's what happens when I have more inspiration than time, I suppose. 

Still! I really really like the necklace that I was able to finish. I was inspired by raindrops and the grey skies that accompany those summer thunderstorms.

And so, without further ado, here is what I made!


It was made with pyrite, labradorite, moonstone, silvertone metal, and a lampwork focal by GlassyFields.



I chose the beadcaps for the focal because they made me think of swirling clouds.

Oh, and the chain is mildly asymmetrical; the sides are inverses of each other.



To be honest, I'm in love with this necklace. The combination of stone and lampworkglass makes it downright luxurious--and a fitting tribute to the many many thunderstorms that we've had this month. Grey skies can be lovely, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and joining me for this reveal... I truly appreciate you. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. I can see why you love this necklace! It is gorgeous and perfect for your challenge! The stones are perfect raindrops and your wirework is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous necklace. I am planning to do personal challenges to as it is difficult to get my creatives juices flowing in this current scenario.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)