Monday, July 27, 2020

July Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List Design Challenge

It's been awhile since I've been able to do an honest-to-goodness challenge reveal. Today, I'm glad that I get to change that! Sarajo Wentling has been continuing her Honey Do List challenge... and this month, I've been able to play along. Hurray! 

Here is the picture that served as the inspiration for this month:


And here is what Eric had to say about it:
Since I've been going more monochrome recently, I decided to pop some flowers and color into the mix this month. This is a flower I took a shot of along Hadrian's Wall in England last summer.  Back when we could go out and travel.  I figure folks can find inspiration in flowers, lichen, colors, etc this month!

Pretty flowers! 

I didn't have a lot of time, but I did manage to make two pairs of earrings to go with this picture. The first was made with Czech glass, and was inspired by the lovely clustered appearance of the inspiration flowers:


The second pair of earrings were inspired by the trumpet shape of the flowers. Oh, and the color! They were made using goldtone metal, glass, and handmade lampwork flowers by Serena Smith Lampwork:


So, ta-da! There you go! That's what I was able to make for this lovely challenge. I also had a necklace that I wanted to make, but ran out of time. If I end up making it, I'll be sure to post it, too!

Thank you to Sarajo and Eric for continuing this fun challenge, and letting me play along. And thank you, readers, so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to! 

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. These are both really lovely earrings and echo the shape of the flowers beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! the flower beads are beautiful and make the earrings elegant yet playful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along! I like these a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both lovely. I especially like the first ones. The shape, color and cascading nature of those flowers in the photo were really good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay in commenting... have had a busy week around here! That first pair is super fun and looks like they would have great movement. I love those lampwork flowers in the second pair! Thanks for playing along with us... so good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)