Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Pretty Palettes - July 2020 Reveal

It's time for another reveal! Hurray!

This time, I'm showing off what I made for this month's Pretty Palette challenge, put forth by the talented Molly Schaller and the team at Halcraft Collection

Inspired by the Daylilies in Molly's garden, here is the palette in question:


I decided to use the daylily as the main inspiration for my necklace, too. In fact, I knew exactly what I wanted to make as soon as I saw the palette--and I was delighted that, with a little bit of work, I was able to make my idea a reality!

So, without further ado, here is what I made:


...complete with a lily pendant, made using seed beads and the French beaded flower technique.


I made each petal individually, using 24 gauge copper wire and seed beads. I then made the stamen, which I have popping out of a beadcap. I then wrapped all of the stems together using more wire, which created the final flower. 

And, from there, I added beads to make a lovely tassel to fit the theme!


Oh, and I added a cute little bee toggle to complete the look:


Overall, I am incredibly pleased with this necklace--especially since I have never tried making French beaded flowers before. It's definitely something I will be trying more! 


Oh, and for fun, I made a mask that matches, too:


Coordinating pandemic fashion! ...or something. But, hey, it's cute and also has lilies on it. If I have to wear masks to go into stores, at least I'll be fashionable. :)

So, there you go! That's what I made for this challenge. I actually have two other tassels (and matching masks!) in the making, but I haven't gotten a chance to finish them yet. Which is okay... I'm really happy with what I was able to accomplish!

Thank you so, so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to! I hope you all have wonderful days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)