Friday, August 30, 2019

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - August Reveal

It's the last Friday of the month... which means it's time for me to reveal what I've been working on for this month's Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge! Woo-hoo!

To jog your memory, my challenge this month was to tackle these UFOs:


...Unfinished Objects, that is.

For this challenge, I picked out twelve projects that I had designed but never finished and put them in the above muffin tin. 

Now, full disclaimer: I didn't finish all of them... but I actually came pretty close! I finished nine of them. Nine! Those are nine necklaces that I didn't have at the beginning of the month... and that's with going on vacation. I'm so incredibly pleased.

I have lots of pictures to show, so without further ado: here are the nine necklaces I made!

Necklace 1:
Glass, shell, and a dyed stone pendant

Necklace 2:
Magnesite, wood, glass, goldstone, and a manmade pendant

Necklace 3:
Glass, ceramic, and lapis lazuli pendant

Necklace 4:
Rhodonite with rhodonite

Necklace 5:
Copper, glass, and dyed agate... oh, and I wire-wrapped the bail

Necklace 6:
Ruby in fuchsite, glass, morganite, and glass

Necklace 7:
Glass, wood, and a resin pendant

And now, for the two grand finales!

...also know as: the two full tassel necklaces that I was able to finish.

Necklace 8
Lapis, pearl, garnet, brass, and a limited edition Wonder Woman charm



And, last but not least, we have Necklace 9.

This one is a continuation from June's Monthly Challenge, where I wanted to make a necklace based on this gorgeous sunset I saw at the ocean:


Here is the final piece:

Necklace 9
Agate, glass, amethyst, shell, pearl, and ceramic



For fun, here are those very same beads, against an ocean backdrop:


Phew! There you go... those are all of the pieces that I finished for this challenge. 

As I said, I'm really quite pleased. Some of those necklaces have been on my worktable for years--with the Wonder Woman being unfinished the longest. (It was a gift to me from me, and just kept taking the back seat to projects with concrete deadlines.) It makes me so, so happy to finally have the finished pieces... and it also makes me happy to see how much I was able to accomplish this month!

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I made... I know that I kept the commentary to a minimum, but hopefully you still enjoyed seeing the pictures. I certainly enjoyed showing them!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You made some beautiful necklaces! I wish you would come to my house and finish some of mine. 😊. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bail you made for necklace 5, but the colors of necklace 7 just make me swoon! That tassel is yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)