Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Pretty Palettes - August Reveal

What's on my beading table today? Why, this month's Pretty Palette!

...Which I finished just in time for today's reveal. :)

This particular Pretty Palette was perfect for the end of summer/beginning of Autumn:


I love the combination of cream and orange and brownish blackish grey... Since I spent some of this month on vacation in the woods, I keep looking at this palette and thinking of a campfire. So, that was actually my main inspiration for my creations.

Overall, I made two items for this challenge. The colors I went with a bit more stark than those in the above palette--going with the campfire theme, it just seemed appropriate.

First up, I made a pair of earrings:


They are made with red agate teardrops, paired with pearl, blackstone, glass, and vintage acrylic. Oh, and silver plated metal--I thought it matched the greyish silver found in the palette.

I also decided to make a necklace. Now, I really wanted to make a full tassel necklace, but I found myself pressed for time.

So! I made a half-tassel instead:



The materials are the same as those found in the earrings--just assembled slightly differently to make a tassel instead of a dangly cluster. I really, really like the way it turned out... I should remember to do more half-tassels in the future. :)


So, there you go! Those are the items that I was able to make for this month's Pretty Palettes challenge. Even though time seems to prohibit me from doing as many challenges as I would like, I'm still grateful that I got a chance to do this one. What a nice way to usher in Autumn!

Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I made... Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)