Friday, July 31, 2015

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - July Reveal

Wow, it is the end of July... and, even though I started late, I was able to finish my challenge on time. Hurray!

As a refresher, this was my challenge:


...or, rather, my challenge was to make something using materials found in each of those baggies. (For information about the origin of those baggies, go here.)

Now, my first thought was to make one giant piece using all the required components... but I ended up making something different for each bag instead. I'm not upset, though--I think everything turned out well.

So, without further ado, here is what I made!


Bag 1


That was what was in the bag.

...And this is what I made!


I knew that I wanted to make this necklace as soon as I saw the components. It's simple and elegant. At first, I felt like perhaps it was too simple, but then I realized that I like it just the way it is.



Bag 2


Again, the above picture shows what was in the bag...


And these are what I made!

I saw those shell charms, and just knew I had to make earrings... And, since I couldn't decide which design I liked better, I decided to just make them both!




Bag 3


What a lovely collection!

...I decided to just focus on one strand of gemstones, so I picked this lovely set of prehnite teardops to work with:


My original plan was to make something simple and elegant.

And then I remembered that I had green pearls that would match very nicely. And then I thought about adding other summery colors... perhaps yellow and blue, like the earrings I made from the previous bag?

And, since I had so many pearls, why not make it a bit longer?

And so, this was born:


...Yep. 

Giant long tassel-y wire-wrapped summer-bright goodness. 


...complete with matching earrings!


I like bright colors... but, I have to admit, that is certainly the brightest thing I've made in quite some time. Not complaining! Just amused, and happy that I got to tap into my more vibrantly colored side. Apparently it was time to celebrate summer.

So, there you go! That's what I made for July's challenge. Thank you so much for stopping by... Have a wonderful last day of July, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)