Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wednesday's Worktable

After a few weeks of being stuck in a creative lull, I seem to have hit my stride again... And as a result, there are many many things on my worktable today! Hurray!

Some background: last night, I went to a metal stamping class at my local bead shop, A World of Beads. Surprisingly, it wasn't my idea to go--I got invited by a friend. And what fun! It was the first actual jewelry-making class I had ever attended... It was happy to just sit back, relax, and learn. I didn't have the be the expert, I didn't have to answer questions... I got to be the student. It was lovely.

...And, as you might imagine, the things on today's worktable all stem from what I made during the class.

Oh, look, it's my name.

That is my practice piece--my first attempt at metal stamping ever. Not big or showy, but still cute. And the letters are only slightly crooked! I call that a win. 

This piece is now sitting happily on my craft table, staring at me and challenging me to make something with it. It's actually quite dainty, which is surprisingly difficult for me right now--I seem to be on a big-and-bold kick. We'll see what I come up with!

I made two other pieces at the class... Both of which I have already turned into jewelry.

Next up, a bracelet bar...


...that was turned into this:


...and serendipitously matched something else I had already planned to make, even though I didn't make the (obvious) connection until this morning. So, here is the matching necklace that is currently underway:

What's red and gold and stands for courage?
...Yeah. That.

And the last piece that I stamped is pretty special. I saw the blank, and immediately knew what I wanted to make with it.

...You can see my copper piece in the background.

I was so inspired that when I got home last night, I immediately started working on this necklace:



For reasons why this combination is important to me, you might want to check out this post. (Cliff note version: copper and key and leaf and purple and green and storyteller = reference to a story I'm writing, and is subsequently very special to me.)

I am extremely happy with how this necklace turned out... and, those lovely purple beads are actually also from the same bead store, just purchased at a different time. 

So, ta-da! That is what is currently on my worktable... Many wonderful projects, and so many ideas for new projects! When money allows, I would love to get the supplies to do metal stamping on my own...Until then, I can just dream (and plot and plan) about all the projects I will do. Fun times!

Thanks so much for reading... Take care, everyone, and have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)