Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July Monthly Challenge: Check-In #2

Time for my next check-in for my monthly challenge!

I have decided to keep doing these in groups of 5, because it seems to be the most manageable.


So, in my endeavor to wear different jewelry each day of July, here is what I wore last week...

Ta-da!

All in all, it's a nice mix of vintage and geekery... Not many things that I straight-up made, but some pieces I altered.

...And all pieces that I enjoyed wearing!

July 7
I strung the pendant on a cord... otherwise, it's all store-bought.
This was a day of super-involved cleaning, so I didn't really think to wear much else.

July 8
Vintage pieces! Opera length lucite necklace (labeled "Hong Kong"),
combined with unmarked lucite dangles.

July 9
Aslan shield!
Seriously, it is. The pendant is a converted keychain, purchased a few years ago
when the Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe came to theaters.
The earrings were a gift from one of my sisters-in-law.

Other side of the Narnia pendant, complete with Aslan prophecy.

July 10
Vintage necklace paired with simple goldtone hoops.

July 11
Doctor Who set!
Exploding T.A.R.D.I.S. necklace (officially licensed by the BBC), paired with
10th Doctor sonic screwdriver earrings (made by yours truly).

I have to say that now I'm really starting to get into this challenge. It's fun picking out pieces that I want to show off--not just by wearing them, but by posting them here.


In related news, organizing my jewelry has now gone into full swing... Truthfully, I need more storage space (now there's a surprise), but finally everything is all in one place. And what treasures I've been re-discovering!

I am also realizing that one of my main reasons for not wearing things is that I'm waiting for just the right occasion... It seems that working from home, while awesome and a blessing, doesn't always give me the prime opportunities to show off my jewelry. 

So, I'm just going to start wearing more of it simply so that I can enjoy it. That's part of what this challenge is about, after all!

And in a few more days, I'll check in again with the next 5 days worth of shinies!

2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me! I love to make jewelry but I seldom wear it. I'm going to start wearing my jewelry, too! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hurray! I'm so glad that I could be an inspiration. I hope you have a blast wearing your jewelry--I'm sure it is all gorgeous! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)