Monday, July 7, 2014

July Monthly Challenge: Check-In #1

So, my last entry was about the challenge that I've posed to myself for July--namely, to wear different jewelry each day. 

The general idea behind this challenge is for me to use and appreciate the bounty of shiny things that I own, and get myself out of my same-necklace-everyday rut.

And, well... so far, so good! 

Shinies!

I have indeed worn different jewelry each day of July so far. 

And, both for the sake of the curious and to keep myself accountable, I figured I would share here what I've worn. As a refresher of what I wore on July 1st, go here.

For what I've worn since then... keep scrolling!

July 2
Set made with green labradorite and shell.

July 3
Set made with teal freshwater pearls.

July 4
Patriotic Set -- Czech glass earrings and Silmaril pendant necklace.

...close up of the pendant, because I was particularly proud of this one.

July 5
Glass necklace and vintage earrings.

July 6
Turtles! Set made with dyed stone and glass.

Everything together!
Presented in order they were worn, from left to right.

Something rather happy--and not really all that surprising, I suppose--is that everything I've worn has been something I've made, with the exception of the gold hoops on July 5. 

(Sidenote: I actually do have a pair of earrings that I made to match that teal necklace, but I couldn't find it. That's the whole reason I've been working on organizing my jewelry, after all! At least the vintage gold hoops did suffice in a pinch. *grin*)


So, there you go!

It is rather fun to go digging through my stash to find just-the-right match for my outfits... And it's also been fun to visit some of the things that I've made a long time ago, and just never got around to wearing. Who knows what other treasures I'll dig up between now and the end of July!

I hope to do another check-in soon (probably in another 5 days), so stay tuned! Until then, have a wonderful day, everyone! :)

6 comments:

  1. What a great challenge for yourself. I just may do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a great deal of fun so far. :)

      Delete
  2. Your necklaces and earrings are beautiful! Anyone would be proud to wear any of them. I'm sure you received many compliments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did actually receive compliments on them... And it was fun breaking out of my rut. :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous jewelry! And a great pants-kick to me to quit wearing the same few favorite pieces of jewelry. The stuff you make is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot, coming from you. <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)