Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fun with Bottle Caps: The Epic Conclusion?

...Or just the beginning?

After so much teasing and tantalizing, I figure it's time for me to actually write about my bottle cap endeavors. After all, it might be silly, but I'm excited about them and they make me happy... and I like sharing things that make me happy.

So, without further ado, here is what I made.

First up: magnets!

I think these are absolutely darling.

These were quite wonderfully simple to make...  Honestly, since the bottle caps are metal, it would have worked to just stick the magnets to the back and let the magnetism keep them in place.

I decided to add a little glue, just to give them some extra stick.

The backs!
...And, yes, these are Klutz branded bottle caps.
Perfect for prototypes. :)

The magnets from the front.

Artistic magnet shot.

Now, as I've been hinting, that is not all that I made.  

But, before I show you the rest of what I made, I would like to introduce you to my new friend:


That?

Is a hole puncher. 


For metal. 


It was actually described specifically as being for bottle caps--and, whether or not they are the only tool for the job, they are simply perfect for what I wanted them for

Wheeee!

(And, as a side-note, I should tell you that this is the first specialized, pricey tool I have purchased... and I love it. I now what to buy all sorts of fancy tools, and have decided that I will be replacing my multi-pack tools little by little as money allows... because now I know what I've been missing. And once you know, you can't go back. Heh.)

Anyway! 


With this handy little contraption, I've made this:

Bottle cap necklace!

Close-up of said necklace.

And these:

Semi-matching earrings!
(Yes, one has copper and one has brass.)

Glamour shot!

...And then this:

Hairstick prototype...
Still need to work on what glue to use to make it
stable, but still cool!

The entire stick.

Stick close-up.

So, that is what I did with the Klutz bottle caps that I made.

But, is that the end?

Heh.

I have purchased some blank-backed bottle caps (both silver and brass), and now have a few more curing...

Still working with the original resin, although I hope to try out
some different brands.

What will I think of next? ...I suppose only time will tell!

Hurray for bottle caps! 

...and hurray for having a place where I can share them! Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)