Monday, July 8, 2013

Playing with Bottle Caps!

The past few weeks have been dedicated to getting post-vacation life back in order. 

I have been working very diligently on some things that I need to do... Custom orders, Bead Ruckus planning, the upcoming Bead Hoarders blog hop, cleaning the kitchen, assembling furniture, deciding seven days in that I am indeed going to be part of Camp Nanowrimo this year, and so forth.

As a result, my time in my craft room has been governed by things that need to happen... That is, until this past Friday, when I rebelled and did something completely goofy.

Namely, I played with bottle caps.

Steampunky bottlecap goodness!
This is before the lacquer has been poured, when I was figuring out
what I wanted to do.

A few Christmases ago, my parents gave me this as a gift...  geared towards kids, it's essentially the gateway introduction to resin.  And, since it's the simple type of resin (water-based, and doesn't require measuring and mixing and actually being awake), it was a wonderful way to just goof off.

The above bottle caps are going to be turned into magnets, I think.

All in all, it was wonderful to experiment... and remember that while there are things that need to be done, there needs to be time to play around, too.  Because playing around leads to innovation and discoveries, and a dramatically decreased stress level.

...And I think I see more bottle caps--and resin--in my future.


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the bottlecaps. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, thank you! I will try to post good pictures once the sun comes back out (whenever that will be...)!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)