Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bead Soup - What My Partner Gave Me

It's here!  My bead soup is here!

*does an excited happy dance*

Look at it!  Isn't it lovely?

Another shot, to show off the color of the pendants a bit better.

My partner was so incredibly generous with her soup...  She sent me not one, but two beautiful dichroic focals that she had made.  In her letter to me, she explained that they were a new mosaic design she was working on.

How cool to get things that are new and exciting and on the "cutting edge"!

I think they are awesome.

Here, have a better look at them:

The came individually wrapped in bright pink tissue paper.


Pendant 1:
It is so bright and cheerful, it makes me smile.

...And I know that I have at least two skirts that would match this.

Pendant 2:
The colors aren't quite as in-your-face, but it is
still beautifully striking.  I love how the blue shimmers.

She also included a lovely array of things to complement those amazing pendants.

Color!

A lovely toggle clasp.


Beadcaps!  Chain!  Round spacer beads!  Awesome silver hexagons!

...And then, to top it all off, she sent me a gorgeous pair of handmade dichroic earrings.

Just because.

They are definitely more subtle than the pendants...
But they still have the lovely dichroic shimmer.

Wow.

I am speechless and thrilled and so excited to start working on my soup.  There are so many wonderful possibilities...  I certainly hope that I can do these pieces justice!

Thank you so, so much Marianne!  :D

---

Remember, her website is here: http://www.simplyseablimejewelry.com/

And her blog is here: http://simplyseablimejewelry.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by visiting all the blogs taking part in the Bead Soup Blog Party cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by--and commenting! :D

      Delete
  2. The dichroic focals are amazing, a really beautiful soup! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely? Thank you so much for stopping by! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)