Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bead Doodling

Tonight's Beading Term:

Bead Doodling

Noun:
A silly name for freeform bead embroidery.

Verb:
Relaxing, and using bead embroidery to "draw" patterns on a whim...  with emphasis placed on simply "going with the flow" instead of completing a pre-determined pattern.


Background:

Today has been an insanely productive day on the jewelry front.

So much so, in fact, that I needed to just do something random and silly and, well, unimportant.

And so I doodled.

More specifically, I added that bright blue swirl on the bead embroidery piece pictured above.  ...And it was lovely.  No pressure, no need for perfection--something to just create and enjoy.

With all of the serious beading that I've been doing, and the incredible outpouring of creativity that I have been experiencing these last few weeks, I think I foresee much more bead doodling in my future.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh bead doodling. That's what I love to do. Thanks for giving it a name and giving me the inspiration! It must be something in the air with increased creativity lately. I feel it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'm so glad that you like it! And I'm glad to help inspire you--you make such amazingly beautiful things, it's exciting to see where your increased creativity leads you!

      Thank you so much for leaving a comment... You certainly made my night! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)