Friday, February 26, 2021

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - February 2021 Reveal

How is it the end of February already? I realize that it's a short month, but I feel like January was only yesterday!

That being said, I do actually have some things to show for this month's challenge. Five things, actually--some of which you may have already seen, if you follow my Instagram. (I shared three things, to be precise... don't worry, I saved a good one for this final reveal!)

So! As a refresher, my challenge this month was hearts.

Not my photo!
Photo by Micheile Henderson on Unsplash

...specifically, making heart jewelry that I would actually wear. That certainly was a challenge, since I'm not big on hearts in general. But! I'm happy to say that I did have success!

Apparently, I just like hearts that are unique and interesting.

The first three pieces that I made achieve this level of interest because, well, the hearts are actually leaves--and I really like leaves.




The fourth thing that I made was a pair of earrings--with vintage hearts made out of lucite. I have never seen hearts quite like these, and they were just cute and dainty enough to make me smile. I kept the design simple to really let the hearts speak for themselves:


..And, lastly, I made a heart necklace with a tassel.


I was super happy to find a cloisonné heart that was both large enough to balance out a tassel and was not in traditional red-and-white heart colors. I really like the pink and green and gold color palette--elegant and delicate, but not cliche.  




So, there you go! Those are the pieces that I made for this heart jewelry challenge. I am actually really happy with what I made... It absolutely was a bit of a stretch for me to find focals that I liked, but it was definitely worth it. It's a good thing to stretch those creative muscles, after all! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I find hearts difficult to work with. You have done a great job with them particularly the filigree ones are great

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)