Monday, February 22, 2021

February Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List Design Challenge

Sarajo Wentling, of SJ Designs Jewelry, has been continuing her Honey Do List challenge this year... In fact, 2021 marks the sixth year that she's done it. How cool is that?

I always love seeing what she makes, and I'm excited that I got to play along thing month. Yay!

Here was the inspiration photo for February:


And this is what her husband, Eric, has to say about this picture:
This was a cool 8-bit looking mosaic in London, along with some random graffiti and chain-link fence.  We saw a lot of cool street art on this leg of our England trip (pre-Covid of course) and this one jumped out at me.  This was taken with my phone, so not as great quality as some of my shots, but still fitting for February!  

I'm usually not one for hearts (as I have previously explained), but I think this 8-bit mosaic heart is really cool! 

However, when thinking about what I wanted to make, I quickly realized that the only red hearts I currently have in my stash are super sparkly Swarovski hearts. While lovely, they don't quite have the same vibe as this rather unconventional street-art heart.

So, I decided to instead focus on the colors--and the general "finding art everywhere" feeling from the photo. That was when I remembered some paper strips I had previously cut from a magazine. 

From there, one thing led to another... I rolled the paper beads, and from them I made these earrings:


Not incredibly complex, I realize, but I'm still really happy with them. After all, I always love the excuse to make and play with paper beads... and I do think they match the general feeling of the inspiration picture quite well. :)

So, there you go! That's what I made for this challenge. As always, thank you Sarajo and Eric for letting me play along... and thank you to everyone who has stopped by to see. I appreciate you taking the time to let me share my art with you!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous idea. Found art!! Your earrings are really perfect for this challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really fitting for the inspiration! I like the way the paper beads you made have a similar choppy feel as the the 8 bit heart. And I'm not really a heart girl either (yet I have a fair amount in my stash... how did that happen??) Thanks for playing along with us this month. Loved seeing your interpretation! Check back on March 1st to see what Eric has in store for us next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made these beads to match the 8-Bit heart! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lovely earrings do really match the feel of the inspiration. And I love how people can take inspiration from so many parts of the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)