Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - February 2021 Edition

I have a confession to make.

...I don't really like hearts.

Not my photo!
Photo by Micheile Henderson on Unsplash


Okay, okay, I suppose I should clarify. I actually like pictures like the one above. Hearts can be sweet, and genuine, and pretty. I can be a sappy romantic, after all.

I guess I just don't really like, well, standard hearts. Regular hearts. Especially in jewelry. So many high-end jewelry stores make these gorgeous diamond-encrusted heart pendants... and I don't really like them. Maybe it's the rebel in me, I just like things that are a bit more personalized. And please understand, that's not saying there's anything wrong with heart jewelry... This is just my own personal preference, my own personal quirk.

So, what does that have to do with my challenge this month? 

Well, this month, I'm going to challenge myself to make heart jewelry.

...Specifically, heart jewelry that I like and would personally wear. I figure that's a good Valentine's Day challenge, and sure to get me to spread my designing wings a little bit!

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by! Have a wonderful day, and be sure to come back on Friday, February 26th to see what heart-inspired jewelry I end up making!

1 comment:

  1. I don't really like heart jewelry either, but have made a few things as they are seasonal. I can't wait to see how you tackle this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)