Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday's Worktable

I have a confession to make: I collect projects.

In fact, that seems to be my modus operandi... I find bead pairings that I really like--usually while I'm working on something else--and I put them in baggies to keep them together. That way, everything is all in the same place and ready to go when I get the chance to work on it.

African trade beads paired with gold coil spacers and
a handful of matching bracelets given to me to repurpose.

Premade tassel paired with a variety of purple glass beads.

So, why is that a confession? 

...Because I'm also pretty horrible about finishing those projects. (Just ask my friends who have been waiting for months for me to make things for them--sorry!)

Leftovers from a previous Monthly Challenge.
Featured: size 2/0 Czech seed beads, Czech faceted tube beads,
and glass bead strands in matching colors.

Part of that is due to the fact that the baggies multiply exponentially. By the time I'm done the initial project that I was working on, I've accumulated several other projects--and when I start the next project, I get even more ideas, and the cycle is perpetuated.

The end result is that my craft room is filled to the brim with project baggies--and the ideas just keep coming!

Handmade lampwork focal paired with faceted firepolished Czech glass.

Raku-style ceramics paired with metallic glass.

So, on my craft table this week, I'm going through some of those project baggies. Mostly, I'm organizing them (i.e. remembering what I have)--but I'm also prioritizing them and making it easier for me to get to them. Who knows... Maybe soon, instead of showing you collections of beads, I'll be able to show what I made with them!

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see my beadie ramblings...

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)