Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - May Edition

The Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge for May is inspired by a color that I hardly ever, ever use when making jewelry.

Want to guess what that color might be? 

Well, here's a hint:

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Paul Green.

That's right: yellow.

Bright and cheerful, unabashedly happy yellow.

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Paul Morris.

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Aaron Burden.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do use yellow as an accent color. It goes well with so many things--green and orange, which are next to it on the color wheel, as well as its complementary color, purple. 

But I rarely, rarely ever use it on its own.

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Natalia Luchanko.

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Kaye Hanson.

So, that's my challenge for May: to use yellow. 

Any shade is acceptable... and there are so many to pick from, from the brilliant color of sunflowers to the amber hues of the sunset. My main goal is to make something where yellow is the dominant (if not only) color... Although I'm sure I'll make something where it combines with other colors as well. :)

Not my photo!
From Unsplash, credit Jeremy Bishop.

I'm pretty excited about stretching myself and giving this lovely color the attention it deserves. Come back on Friday, May 26th to see what I end up making--and feel free to play along, too, if you'd like!

Until then have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)