This week finds me still working on some of those jewelry upgrades I started last month as part of April's Monthly Challenge.
That's right... Slowly but surely, I've now done remakes of 5 of the 6 necklaces seen below:
Specifically on my worktable today, I tackled the one with the green/purple/black pendant...
...which is actually a re-purposed vintage earring, if you'll believe it. The original backing had fallen off, so I had glued on a bail and strung it on a simple cotton cord.
For its upgrade, I gathered together some Czech glass, some paper beads I made, some pearls, and even some vintage crystal, and started playing around:
And since I actually just finished this necklace this afternoon, you get to see the final product, too! It's rainy and glum outside, so the glamour shots are a bit off, but I'm excited and want to share them anyway. :)
So, without further ado: here is the finished result!
Wire-wrapped links are paired with brass and goldtone findings--including a bamboo style toggle clasp, which I thought matched the origami-paper-pattern look of the pendant. I even made a matching pair of earrings! (I'm sure you're surprised, heh.)
...I had not planned this, but this necklace also perfectly matches my outfit today--and, yes, I'm wearing it. Heh. If I was any good at taking pictures of myself, I'd show it off. As it is, though, you'll just have to take my word on it. ;)
Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I've been working on this week... I have a few more upgrades that I've finished, and hope to show them off at some point.
Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone! :)