Friday, January 28, 2022

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - January 2022 Reveal

It's the last Friday of the month... which means that it's reveal time! Woo-hoo!

As a bit of refresher, my challenge this month was to make jewelry with the Pantone 2022 Color of the Year.


I really love this color. It's a beautiful combination of purple and blue; at times it seems more violet, and then at others it looks more periwinkle.

...It is also almost identical to the color Tanzanite, as made by a certain Austrian crystal company. And so, as you might imagine, those crystals are what I used in the first set I made for this challenge:


I also found some lovely Czech glass in a similar shade. I decided to use them to make two different necklaces--one using silver metal, and one using gold.


The beads themselves are fairly substantial--10mm English cut--so I decided to only use a few per necklace. I feel like it showcases them a bit more, especially in juxtaposition to the chain.


And now it's time for some honorable mentions! 

I actually made two tassel necklaces for this challenge. Two! What can I say--this was a month for much wire-wrapping, hah.

The first tassel was made from the Allegory Gallery Kit called Daring Curiosity, which they made specially to complement Very Peri.


And the second tassel is also made in that colorway--but I count it as a honorable mention, because it was actually started years ago, for December 2017's Monthly Challenge

That challenge was to make jewelry based on The Nutcracker, and this is the necklace I planned for the Sugar Plum Fairy:


Five years later, and I finally finished assembling this necklace. Heh. The backlog on my craft table is rather embarrassing, I have to admit. It's what happens when my hands can't keep up with the ideas of my brain!

So, there you go! Those are the items that I made for this month's challenge. It does feel good to be back to blogging again, and creating for a challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I made. I really appreciate it. I'm already planning my challenge for next month, so be sure to stop by again to see what I'm going to be up to.

Until then--have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love the last tassel necklace. Even though it has taken times, it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)