Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - December Reveal

Here it is, the last day of the year.

So, why not have a challenge reveal? :)

As a reminder, for this month I decided to make jewelry based on this picture:


...And here is what I came up with!


I am ridiculously proud of this necklace. To make it, I used some of the skills I learned during last month's earring challenge... The seed beads leaves are of my own design--I altered the feathers that I learned to make last month. I'm thrilled that their shape is so close to the leaf shape in the picture!


I also incorporated a variation on shaggy loop chainmaille, adding an extra pop of white throughout the necklace itself.


...I suppose I can no longer say that I don't do seed beads. Not only did I custom make those leaves, I also taught myself how to do Russian leaves--although I didn't have time to make anything with them.


So, ta-da! That is what I have been working on this month, in addition to everything else. Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I created... and thank you, absolutely, for following me on this jewelry adventure this year!

Have a wonderful evening, everyone! Here is to an amazing 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)