Thursday, July 18, 2019

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - July Edition

It's time for a little bit of blog catch-up! I had been wanting to post this particular challenge introduction last Friday, but I ended up getting a concussion instead. Ugh.

Now that I'm doing just a little better, though, I wanted to take the opportunity to post this. You know, before anything else can happen. :)

So! My challenge this month is a little bit different. In fact, it's one that I've been wanting to do for awhile now. It's abstract, it's more left-brained, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

In short, my challenge this month is to make jewelry based on computers.

Snippet of Scala code, written by my awesome and talented programmer husband.

...and I mean any aspect of computers. Programming languages. Computer hardware. If has something to do with the world of 1s and 0s, it's fair game. 

The inspiration for this challenge comes from my husband. He's been writing some really awesome code recently, tackling extremely hard problems and basically being a programming rockstar. (At least, that's how I see him!) I thought it would be quite the challenge to turn something so technical and mathematical into jewelry--translating abstraction into something physical. 

Heh. This should be interesting... Come by on Friday, July 26th to see what I end up making! 

Until then, have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)