Monday, July 29, 2019

Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List July Design Challenge!

It's been about a year since I was last able to play along with the Honey Do Challenge that Sarajo Wentling hosts over on her blog. I love seeing all the wonderful things that she creates for these challenges... and I'm happy to say that, this month, I was finally able to join in the fun!

To start with, here is the inspiration picture that her husband, Eric, picked for this month's challenge:


This is what Eric said about this inspiration:
After returning from our epic UK trip I have something like 8000 pictures to go through.  How to pick a challenge piece for this month?!  I ended up picking this super cute puffin because seeing these little birds was one of the best parts of our trip.  I'm sure actual puffin jewelry components are rare, but the colors should give you some inspiration.  And besides... look how cute this puffin is!

I love puffins, and knew immediately that I wanted to make something to go with this picture. As Eric says, though, puffin jewelry components are rather rare... Or, at least, I couldn't find anything in my stash! So, I focused on the colors instead.

It's a bit of a loose interpretation, but here is what I ended up making:



I focused mainly on the colors of the bird--its black and white feathers, and its orange/grey/yellow beak. (I know that it appears rather brown in these pictures, but I assure you that the orange in the necklace is more of a bronzy pumpkin color.)

I decided to go with a tassel because... why not? Hah. I was going through my stash and picking out different beads to match the colors, and the next thing I knew I had a tassel necklace laid out. Putting it together was a mere formality.

Oh, and for those curious, the materials include: white howlite, Czech glass, pearl, vintage acrylic black rounds, and a handmade lamp work bead focal.


Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I made for this challenge... and thanks, too, to Sarajo and Eric for letting me play along. As I said, I love puffins--and I really enjoyed making this necklace.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a quirky color combination- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! I'm so glad that our little puffin friend lured you back to the challenge. :) I fully support you going for the color inspiration route... since that's what I did too! Your tassel necklace is super fun and I love the mix of colors. I hope you check back August 1st to see what Eric dreams up for us next. I'm betting it will be something else from our UK adventures, but we shall see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)