Friday, December 7, 2018

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - December Edition

For this month's challenge, I decided that I wanted to do something a little different. There's a skill that I've really been wanting to practice.... I actually got a little taste of it near the end of last month's challenge, and thought it might be fun to explore it a bit more.

Can you guess what it is?

I'll give you a hint:


That's right... this month's challenge is Chainmaille!

Now, I have made chainmaille in the past, but I've never dedicated an entire challenge to it. It is definitely something I'm a novice at, and I think it'll be fun to play around with it a bit more. 

It'll also be a bit of a challenge, because it's not my usual aesthetic... After all, I don't usually design with just metal rings. But that's the fun of doing these challenges, isn't it? Learning and exploring and trying something I wouldn't have done otherwise. :)

So! Be sure to stop by on Friday, December 28th to see what I end up making!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I've never tried chainmaille. I feel like I would get it all jumbled so easily. I cannot wait to see what you come up with. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)