Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Pretty Palettes - December Reveal

Today is Wednesday! That means that it's time for me to show what's been on my worktable the last few days. Yay!

...It just so happens that today is also reveal day for this month's Pretty Palettes challenge. Now, I have done several of these reveals in the past... Recently, though, they have been shifted over to Facebook and Instagram. Still, there is no reason I can't share them over here, too. :)

Here is the palette that the very talented Molly Schaller picked out:


And, without further ado, here is what I made!


...Yep. I went full tassel. 

It's actually been awhile since my hands really felt up to doing one of my signature tassels... It is a considerable amount of work, and I'm realizing more and more that I need to be selective about which projects I undertake. But, oh, I'm glad that my hands were feeling up to it this month! The beads and color scheme that Molly picked out just seemed to call for it.

And I really, really like making tassels.



About the materials... Almost every bead in this necklace is Czech glass. In fact, the only exceptions to that are the blue goldstone rounds, and the tiny little faceted glass beads at the top of the tassel. (Well, and the glass accent seed beads.) Everything is wrapped with 24 gauge silvertone wire, and paired with silver findings.

The overall effect is quite striking--and the color scheme is very appropriate, since it is now officially Winter here in Ohio.


So, there you go! In addition to what I made for last week's Earrings Everyday reveal, and all the Christmas presents I made (which I'll show once they have all be received), this is what I've been up to. What can I say... it's been a busy month! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to. Happy Boxing Day, everyone! May you all have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. Still looks gorgeous!! Hopefully next month will be slower. I also don't want to be frantically making projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)