Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday's Worktable

For last week's worktable, I shared my rose bead making escapades.

So, for this week, I thought it would be only fitting for me to share how they turned out!


They range from 8mm to 14mm. I coated them with 3 coats of glaze, which made them much smoother. I would be curious to see how they held up to sanding with sandpaper, but I admit to being a little trepidatious. The are certainly solid, but I'm not entirely sure if they're solid enough. Something to try next time, perhaps. 

  
Color-wise, they are a fascinating combination of black and dark dark red. They also smell very very faintly of roses. 


Now, I just need to figure out what to make with them. Oooo, the possibilities.

So, there you go... That's what I've been up to this week. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today... Have a lovely day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. They're so interestingly organic! They almost look like lava beads from a distance. Knowing that they're made from roses from your Valentine's bouquet makes them so special. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do look like lava beads! Before I coated them, they actually felt a bit like lava beads, too.

      I'm excited to use them... hopefully, their significance and sentimental value doesn't make me put them aside because I don't think my design is "good enough". (Am I the only one who does that? I'm really trying to break out of that mindset.)

      Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)