Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wednesday's Worktable

I have so, so many projects rattling around in my head this week. Happily, I've been making good progress on them, too. It's always exciting when the inspiration comes in a rush--even when it's hard to keep up! (I have to remind myself to get up, walk around, get my exercise, drink some water. Heh. It's so easy for me to get caught up in my work, and sometimes I ignore things like that.)

So! Time to show you one of the many things on my worktable this Wednesday:


Inspired by my success with one of my Monthly Challenge projects last month, I decided to revisit that same idea again... this time, in the above shades of black and brass.


Yep, you guessed it... it's tassel-making time!


Once I (mostly) finished the tassel, I laid out the order of beads to go in the main strands (only partially seen above and below):


...And then I wire-wrapped it all together!


I haven't gotten a good picture of the final necklace in its entirety yet, but here you get a good idea of what the finished piece looks like:


What can I say, I really like the look of this type of design. This one is actually quite light, too... the brass beads are all hollow, and some of the other beads are acrylic (not that you can tell, unless you study them). All in all, I'm quite pleased... especially since I bought the beads for this last week, and I've already finished it. Hurray!

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I've been working on... Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)