Friday, October 14, 2016

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - October Edition

At the beginning of October, one of my best friends asked me if I wanted to go bead shopping with her. 

Now, to be clear, usually it's the other way around... Usually I am dragging along hapless people on my shopping escapades. Bead shopping is one of my absolute favorite things, after all--and, thankfully I have very loving and patient friends.


This time, though, bead shopping was her idea. 

Why? 

Well, her workplace is holding a silent auction (a silent auction of handcrafted goods, specifically) this month to benefit select charities, and she wanted to buy beads and make some jewelry for it.


...You can probably guess where this is going.

I asked if anyone could contribute. She said yes and, well, my monthly challenge was decided. 


My goal is to make at least 5 items to enter into the auction, although I may end up making more. The beads pictured in this entry are just a few of the projects I've picked out... We'll see what I end up actually making!

(Heh--between my friend and myself, we may end up taking over the auction with jewelry. Hah.)

I've been trying to make my Monthly Challenges more open recently, so that my readers can join along if they wish. Playing along this month is super simple... It boils down to giving of yourself to benefit someone else, so there are all sorts of options. Donate to a charity of your choice. Give something you made to a friend. Or even just give someone a compliment. There is so much negativity in the world today... I hope that, through this, I can use my love for jewelry making to make this world a little more happy. 

So, there you go! That's my October Challenge! Come back on Friday, October 28th to see what I've made! 

Until then, have a great weekend, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)