Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hello, October... and Wednesday's Worktable!

Hurray, it's October!

I love Autumn--its changing leaves and chilliness, the subsequent layered sweaters and hot chocolate. I love the way the air is crisper, the way the evening starts to smell of wood-burning stoves, and the way that the world just feels different. Now I know lots of people are sad at the end of Summer... but, personally, I'm thrilled about Fall. 

...And that's why I'm happy that it's October. Yay! :)

Now, that really doesn't have anything to do with today's worktable, but that's all right.


And just what is on my worktable this week? Multi-colored ceramic beads! 

These beads are destined to be turned into necklaces--hand-knotted on waxed linen at random, with long flowing tassels as pendants. Not a new concept, perhaps, but something I love making. :)


Truth be told, I've been having a bit of an existential crisis--or, rather, a creative existential crisis--recently. I've been trying to experiment quite a bit, but lot of my recent ideas have fallen rather flat. The ideas that have worked just seem rather so-so. Overall, I find my designs to be pretty, but not amazing.

Now, I've done this long enough to know that this is normal. It's all part of the natural flow of how my creativity works--and it usually happens right before a breakthrough. 

I realize that I need these downtimes... As frustrating as they are, they help me recharge. As I keep practicing my skills and tinkering with new ones, I know that eventually something with click and the surge of creative euphoria will kick in again.


And so, in the meantime, I keep knotting random beads on waxed linen cord and making tassel necklaces.

...Honestly, there are so many worse ways to spend my time!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're having a good first week of October... Happy Wednesday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)