Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wednesday Worktable

I have a confession to make... I actually haven't made much jewelry since last week. 

In fact, I'm not even finished the pink necklace that I featured last Wednesday. Life has just been super busy (Monday was the worst day I've had in a long time), and I've decided to give my wrist a break from all of the wire-wrapped links I've been making.

So, what have I been doing instead?

Well, one thing I've been doing is writing. I just bought a new set of journals, and am getting back into the habit of journaling long-hand.  

One of the new journals, matched with one of my favorite purple pens.

The other thing I've been doing is making paper beads.

...And I really, really like making paper beads. 

I've thoroughly enjoying measuring and cutting the paper strips...

All sorts of colors! Whee!

...and organizing those cut strips in a drawer...

These are mostly organized by intended project. Mostly.

And I've most certainly been enjoying making them into beads!

After a flurry of bead-making these past few days, this morning I decided to play around with some of my new beauties, matching them with other beads I currently have in my stash:

Pink and purple and blue...
And I just now realized that they sort of match my new journal.
Heh. That wasn't on purpose.

And what am I planning to do with those beads? 

Currently, I hope to turn them into something like this:

A tassel necklace in the making!
Not the best lighting, but you get the idea.



...To be fair, though, that's the fourth design I've played around with. Although I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to go with, we'll have to see what it actually becomes.

So, there you go. It's been a week of making beads and planning projects... And once again enjoying all of the wonderful things that can be done with paper. (You can write on it! And make things with it! How versatile!)

Thanks for joining me for this rather late Wednesday Worktable... I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week, everyone! May it be much, much better than my Monday was!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)