Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday's Worktable

On this week's worktable, I'm finishing up all of my challenge pieces!

And by "finishing," I mean that the pieces are complete (yay!), and now I'm attempting to get good pictures of them. Which is proving a bit difficult, because today is the first cloudy day after a week of gorgeous weather (of course!). Ah well. I still have a few days to get it worked out!

So! In the meantime, here are some more paper beads that I've made...

I made these on Monday.

Those beads are actually made from a flyer, and I just love the colors. Shades of denim. Summer sky. Take your pick of descriptors--I just like how they look. I have quite a few more to make in that color scheme, too, and the possibilities of what to make with them are tantalizing.

Also on my table this week... Here are some more of my Zentangles:

I finished this one last week.

My current work in progress.

...Granted, I should put a disclaimer here: I haven't actually been trained in the official ways of Zentangling, so I have no idea if I'm doing it right. I realize that there are definitely correct terminologies and methodologies associated with it, and I make no pretense of being an expert. 

Essentially, while I was on vacation, I skimmed the literature and just jumped in (my first one ever can be seen in this entry). The urge to create was too strong, and I was entranced by the joy of building beautiful patterns piece by piece.

And, regardless of whether I'm correctly tangling, I have been enjoying it greatly. It's wonderful stress relief, and has been filling that part of me that likes to draw. And more than that, it reminds me to take things one line at a time. 

One line at a time.

Life is crazybusy right now, and I have a lot on my plate--not just bead related. My mind has been racing, and it's nice to have a way to focus and recenter. One line at a time.

...So, there you go! Paper beads, challenge pieces, and Zentangling... that's what's on my worktable this week. Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)