Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday's Worktable - Vacation Edition

It's Wednesday! And my worktable is currently being used for a few challenge pieces that I can't reveal yet.

So! Instead, I'm going to show you last week's worktable--yes, when I was on vacation.


...After all, the scenery was quite lovely! Definitely more photogenic than my usual surroundings.


The first thing on my worktable: Zentangle! 

My mum borrowed a few books from the library regarding this topic, so I thought I would give it a try. The above is my very first attempt at making one... And I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Very relaxing. I do hope to do more.


Oh, look. The second thing on my table: red feathers made out of leather.

...You'll have to wait a little bit more for me to tell you about those. ;)

(Although, to be fair, that's about as far as I got with them while on vacation... Definitely need to start doing more with them now!)


And, last but not least, I started work on another tassel necklace--all in metallic shades of black and silver. 


The central bead is a beautiful lampwork piece made by GlassyFields... And, yes, I decided to use bells in this design. They have a soft jingling sound--not overpowering--and I'm so excited about how it's going to turn out once I'm done.

Oh, and I also made another wrap bracelet while on vacation, but I didn't take a picture of it. And I also started work on my August Monthly Challenge (more on that soon, too).

...That was in addition to swimming and shopping and reading and doing other various wonderful vacation-y activities. Like sleeping. Lots of sleeping.

Overall, it was a very fun, very creative vacation... and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)