Friday, November 23, 2012

What am I Thankful For?


This day after Thanksgiving, I am thankful...

For laughing in craft stores,

Waiting in line at Joann's this afternoon...
Everyone was scowling and grumpy--everyone, except
me and my friend, who were giggling and happy.

For finding the yarn that I was looking for—the very last skein, huddled in the corner of the bin,

It's wrapper had come off--this is paton's pirouette yarn,
in the color "orchid shimmer".

For clean bills of health,

X-ray of my husband's ankle--all healed up!
No more appointments, no more physical therapy.  :D

For sparkling, beautiful Christmas trees,

Sneak peak of this year's tree--gold and shimmery and full of light.

For Spanish Hot Chocolate and ordered-out-pizza,

Recipe for Spanish Hot Chocolate,
written out for me by a very good friend.

For warmth and coziness and family,

For beautiful sunsets and the smell of woodsmoke chimneys,

For Autumn leaves,

For silly haikus,
  
And for being able to reach out to others... and feel not only acceptance, but love.


4 comments:

  1. That yarn is gorgeous. I'm happy you found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have already knitted it up into a scarf--so pretty! :D

      Delete
  2. I still don't understand how anyone can be that grumpy at a craft store. It's a craft store, people! It's like Disneyland! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly!

      ...Except with less singing. Perhaps we should change that. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)