Tuesday, November 27, 2012

'Tis the Season...

...for me to turn everything into a Christmas tree ornament!

So shiny!

Let me explain.

Factor #1
So, my best friend really likes her Christmas tree.  Really, really likes it.  She's been excited about putting it up since the last time she took it down.

She's also been making ornaments on and off for it this past year.  Anything that is shiny or glittery (or can be painted to be shiny or glittery) is liable to go on her tree...  And she really makes it look good.  (Call it a talent.)


Factor #2
I have been working on a very special custom order for someone--a very special pendant.  At the center of this pendant, there is a light blue crystal.

Long story short: the pendant is almost done (more on that after Christmas!), and I had some acrylic light-blue crystals that I didn't end up using.


The Result
So, what happens when you combine those two things?  

Heh.

You put 'em on the Christmas tree, of course!

Here are four of the leftover
beads-turned-ornaments.

One set of ornaments--made by simply wire-wrapping
the beads with silver plated craft wire.

The second set--fuller, squatter beads, paired with gold plated craft wire.

Here they are again!  ...Simply because I like
the way that the light shines through them.

Now, the prominent colors on my Christmas tree are gold, burgundy, and purple...  But that's not to say that I don't put any other colors on there.  

For example, I really like the little shimmers of color that these new ornaments add--they almost look silver, actually, in the Christmas tree lights.

Here they are, in action:

I love the way the facets reflect the light.

See?  Almost silver-toned.

I didn't get any good pictures of the second set
in action, so here--have another picture of one
of the long drops.

Conclusion
It appears that nothing is safe.  A whole new set of options has been opened to me...  Just like the first time that I learned how to wire-wrap, and started making pendants out of common, everyday objects.  (And I maintain that hexnuts actually look really cool when made into jewelry--so fun to walk through the hardware store with a jewelry-designer's eye.)

So, today it's ornaments made from leftover acrylic crystals.

And tomorrow...  Well, tomorrow, we shall see!


2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)