Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday's Table

What I've been doing: the extended mega-post edition!

1.  Watching birds at my bird-feeder

Stylistic shot of the bird-feeder.

I really love the design--it reminds me of a lantern.
  
Look!  It's a goldfinch!  ...It's a lot clearer if you can maximize the picture.

I have been ridiculously happy with this bird-feeder--and the plethora of birds that come and use it.  Apparently watching birds has the same effect on me as watching small furry pets--I become completely excited and enamored and act like I'm four.  

So far, I've identified: chickadees, cardinals, tufted titmice, house finches, goldfinches, a red-bellied woodpecker, and a mating pair of bullying blue-jays (who want the entire thing to themselves).


2.  Knitting!

Look, look!  Blanket panels!

The top-most one is rainbow colored, while the middle one is made
using: red, rainbow, yellow, pink, pink/blue ombre, orange, and purple.


...This means that I am now finished three panels for my blanket!  And I have one more that is literally three inches from being complete!

I have a few more panels started...  my most current one has stripes based on the Fibonacci series.  Whee!

And, yes, this is rapidly becoming the Blanket-of-Doom.  Based on how things are going, I think it's actually going to be big enough for a California King bed.  Yeah...  I guess I can always fold it!


3.  Working on Custom Orders

Woo for shiny swarovski bicones!

Several months ago, I was asked to make a pair of custom earrings for a lovely friend of my mother, using pretty little swarovski crystals.

The first iteration of the design was not quite what she was looking for--too long, not quite the right look--so I've been researching and experimenting with other ways to do what she wants.

Currently, I have come up with seven more designs, and am excited to see if she likes any of them!  :D


4.  Writing!

I am so glad to report that I am actually writing.  I am currently ping-ponging between three main projects:

I carry a notebook with me wherever I go--always prepared!


Landus Fantasticus
This is the story that is connected to my Etsy store.  It is also not anywhere close to being finished.  I am currently doing two things: writing new material, and converting what has already been written from first person to third person.

Dry erase board in action!  ...Believe it or not, that's a map.
A map that needs major work, but a map nonetheless.
Also, "Boo" = the Haunted Forest.

Out of the Cold
This story is the closest to a straight-up novel as I apparently get.  It is also rather close to being completed--as long as I don't get carried away.  I am, however, rewriting it from third person to first person.


The Telling
A collection of short stories!  I'm working on these to remind myself that I actually can finish writing projects.  I have currently finished two of the stories, and am working on a  third.


Yay for actually getting a chance to put pen to paper, and creating worlds!


---

Of course, there are a lot of things I missed in this post.  Such as: 

--knitting a baby blanket for my sister-in-law who is due near September
--making new hairsticks to post
--getting ready for a jewelry show in August
--teaching a good friend how to sew from a pattern
--reading, reading, reading...  I honestly don't remember the last time I have read this much!


...Have you been working on anything creative recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)