Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Show and Tell #2

I have been still having a lot of fun making things from my Aunt's jewelry...  And so here is Show and Tell #2!


Today's featured set was inspired by this color combination:

I love the juxtaposition between the blue and the rose.

I really wanted to make pieces with those colors and beads that could be worn interchangeably, but still match.  After all, some days I wear blue, some days I wear shades of rosy red, some days I combine the two and wear both.


With that in mind, I started off wanting to make one pair of earrings, one pair of hairsticks, and one necklace.  


That was my plan.


However, I kept elaborating and complicating everything.  Soon I found myself mixing and matching and experimenting.


Ultimately, in the end, this is what I created:


Aren't they pretty?


Yes, indeed, I made:


2 pairs of hairsticks, instead of 1
2 pairs of earrings, instead of 1
3 necklaces of varying length, instead of 1


Here's another view of the pieces together.

Now, what I find exciting is that these pieces look good on their own, as well as together.

For example:

I think this combination is lovely.

I love these teardrop beads, and I really like this set.

Not only that, but they go well with their matching necklaces (and even the non-matching ones).

I have already debuted the rose hairsticks, necklace,
and earrings--I wore them to church last week.

I am just waiting for an excuse to wear the blue
hairsticks, earrings, and the short blue necklace.

And even the necklaces themselves can be worn by themselves, or with each other.  (I made them actual separate necklaces, so that this could be the case.) 

These beads have so much depth!

This necklace was made with all beads that I already owned--
cobalt cat's eye rounds, brass melon beads, glass seed beads.
How cool, then, that they matched my Aunt's beads so perfectly!

Close up of the necklaces together.

To show the various lengths of the necklace--going from choker length,
to 18 inches, to 22 inches for the longest one.

So, perhaps I went a little overboard....  Even so, I regret nothing!  :)


I am having so much fun, playing around with such pretty beads!  Who knows what I'll come up with next!  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)