Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday's Table

...is filled with many, many treasures!


See?  Many, many treasures!


My table is covered in all sorts of possibility!


To explain: everything in the above picture is from my Aunt.  She and my Uncle are downsizing, and a little while ago she asked if I would like some of the jewelry she isn't keeping.


My response: would I ever!


And so, she sent me an amazing package filled with all sorts of goodies, packed neatly in baggies.  Here are those bags, unpacked...

Gemstones and glass and wood and metal...  a beader's paradise!

Another shot of the bounty...  How lucky I am!


It's mostly long necklaces, but there are also some pins and some gemstone cabochons from my Uncle.  (Including some in Malachite...  I am so, so excited to work with Malachite!)


Even more exciting is the fact that she has given me full permission to do whatever I would like with the pieces--whether it be to keep them as they are, or give them new life in another form.  


So many beads!


So many possibilities!


Because of my wrist, I haven't gotten a chance to play around with them much...  But I am already dreaming!  


Here are some highlights...

Five long strands of delicate pearls--
two cream, three pale pink.
They are so lovely, and I haven't yet
decided what to do with them.

Rose-tinted glass...
Versatile and lovely, and so many of them!
  
Teardrop beads!
Possible earrings...  or hairstick toppers.
  
Ooooo...  I like all of these colors together!

Pale rose quartz...
The perfect size for hairstick toppers!

This necklace has so much character--
Not sure what I'm going to do with it,
but it just begs for a story.

Other beads on that same necklace...  Very cool!

And here are some of the pieces that I think I'm going to leave as they are...

I love this piece...
I think I'm either going to leave it alone,
or shorten it and use some of the leftover
beads to make matching earrings.

I think I'm going to leave this one as is...  Love the colors!

A close-up, simply because I think it's cool.
 
What delightful colors!  I think the simplicity of this
necklace lets the gradient really stand out.

The leaf's detail is simply stunning...
I cannot think of anything I could do
to enhance its inherent loveliness.


I am like a kid in a candy store...  Such beautiful jewelry, such quality materials--and all for me to enjoy!  *does a happy dance*


I cannot wait to get started!  (Hear that, wrist?  Get with the program!)


I am so blessed!


---


I should note that my Aunt is not the first person to send me jewelry she isn't keeping...  another friend of my family has sent me a similar box, filled with vintage pieces to enjoy.  


So, why haven't I highlighted that particular package here?  Well, I am saving it as a reward for when I finish organizing my craft room.  Gotta have something to motivate me to get everything cleaned up!  And, when I do, I will be posting pictures here.  :D


And, of course, to my Aunt--thank you so much for such a thoughtful and wonderful gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)