Friday, April 6, 2012

Progression of an Obsession

So, I might have a bit of a problem.


An obsession, really.  It started innocuously and innocently enough...  But now, it seems to have permeated my entire consciousness.  


And I'm okay with that.


What is it?  Well, for some reason, I have become obsessed with bright colors.


This year's Easter eggs--simple, and bright!




The Progression...


How did this come to be?  After all, I am a girl who is drawn to jewel tones--burgundy and navy blue, plum and emerald.  My entire wardrobe is made of darker, more stately, shades.  Or, at least, it used to be.


It all started out fairly simply, with bright yellow beads that I found over Christmas vacation.  Honestly, do you know how hard it is to find yellow beads?  Straight up, simple yellow beads?  


I'll tell you: very hard.


Hurrah for yellow beads!  What excitement!


After I acquired those beads, I then started to acquire other bright beads.  Ultimately, this led to the next step: making hairsticks in bright colors.


Called "Candy Swirls," this pair of hairsticks is now for sale at my shop.

Bright orange shells...  To be posted on Etsy, as soon as I think
of a story to go with them.

I have been having a lot of fun with flower sticks...
This one is particularly bright.


Then, I started to knit with bright colors...


Look familiar?  Yep, it's the beginning of my blanket!

Yet, I didn't stop at the blanket.
For fun, I made a bright yellow scarf--lacy and light,
worsted yarn knitted by size 17 needles.


...And, because that wasn't enough, I decided to make
a similar scarf using bright pink yarn.

The true color of the pink scarf--bright, bright, bright!

Then, without any looking back, I started to dress in bright colors.  (How convenient that those knitted scarves now match my outfits!)


From left to right: yellow skirt, hot pink skirt,
pink/blue/orange/purple shirt, vibrant orange t-shirt,
yellow/red/orange bandanna, green/yellow/blue bandanna,
orange nail polish.

Close up of the bandannas and nail polish,
against the backdrop of my vibrant orange shirt.

Yes, I really am using that nail polish.
As I type this, my nails are that lovely color of orange.


My husband laughs good-naturedly and says that I look like a Starburst.  (The candy--not a poetic description of celestial events.)


I laugh, and realize that I don't mind a bit.


I am honestly not sure if this obsession is going to stop anytime soon.  After all, I dyed my Easter eggs bright colors.  I just bought yarn that matches my nails, to be made into another light-and-lacy spring scarf.  I have planned my Easter outfit to be something festive and bright.


...And it all makes me very, very happy!


---


So, apparently I wear bright colors when the weather gets warm.  What colors do you like wearing in the Spring?



2 comments:

  1. "The candy--not a poetic description of celestial events."

    <3

    "So, apparently I wear bright colors when the weather gets warm. What colors do you like wearing in the Spring?"

    Black, the color of my SOUL! *ahem* I mean, lime green and purple. But, then again, I wear those colors all year. XD Though, the lime green skirt best suits spring. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and you make the lime green and purple work all year 'round. ;)

    I want to floof up in bright-and-happy colors and go fossiling, when the weather gets a bit warmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)