Thursday, January 6, 2011

More Pictures...

Today, I have been taking pictures of everything.  Why?  Because of my new camera, of course!  *and there was much rejoicing*

I have already posted some pictures of jewelry here, but I decided to also post some of the other random photographs I have taken with it.  After all, it is a multi-talented piece of equipment!  :)

It all started last night, when I first got home with the camera.  First things first, my husband and I wanted to see if it would actually take pictures for my shop.  We first decided to try with my wedding ring:

Holding my wedding ring...  yes, that is my hand.

Close up of the ring itself...  It really is a beautiful design.
(You should be able to see more of the detail if you enlarge it.)

Of course, by that time it was close to midnight.  At that point, I was exhausted--and, excited as I was, I needed to go to sleep.

That was only a short hiatus, however.  This morning, soon as I woke up, I found myself taking pictures of everything I came across.  Despite it being grey and gloomy outside, I trundled into the cold to get these shots:

View of the tree over the roof...  if you can enlarge it, please
do so--there is a lot of beautiful detail on the branches.

The giant sycamore in the front yard.

When I got too cold, I came inside and took some pictures in the kitchen:

The beautiful poinsettia that is adorning a kitchen cabinet.

Even mugs are exciting when you have a new camera!

Then, I trundled back into my room and took pictures of things on my desk.

A silly treatise on a language I created. 

Meet Jim Bone, my desk Diplodocus.

Another shot of Jim Bone...  note his anatomically correct
neck, which is horizontal to his body and not like that of a
Brachiosaurus.

Peacock feather that I have peeking over my laptop.

Large Silmaril that I have on my desk.

Smaller Silmaril, also found on my desk.

As I am sure you can imagine, my desk is a place full of shiny things!  From here, I then took the jewelry shots already posted here.  

All in all, I have had a lovely day--full of photography and pretty things.  After a week of being sick with the stomach flu, this has been such a wonderful change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)