Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Also Recently Posted...

You may have noticed that I have been posting a lot of new items to my store.  (If you haven't noticed, here's the announcement: I have been posting a lot of new items to my store.)  


You might also have noticed that I usually like highlighting new items here on my blog.  I do this mostly to keep up to date, so that I can see my progress over time.  However, that is not the only reason.  I also like to bring a little more life to the listing, explaining the thoughts and circumstances that went into making it.  I try to make things more approachable, more personal.  Whether or not I succeed, I am not sure...  It is simply something for which I strive.


And so, here are today's new listings.  Each one has a little blurb that goes with it...  Enjoy!

Creamberry - Earrings
I love the story that goes with these plucky little earrings...
I felt very accomplished when I came up with it.  Now I
want creamberries to put in my tea!  :)

Unbroken Circle - Earrings
This pair of earrings are remarkably light weight,
considering the circles are actually made of horn.  I have
found only one strand of these focal beads; I am glad I did.

Unbroken Circle - Hairstick
I really like the look of this hairstick--
very elegant and streamlined.  It makes me
want to wear more brown, so that I can
make one for me!

Sunset on the Sea - Hairsticks
I had already posted one pair of these
hairsticks...  so excited to find the
materials to do another!

Sunset on the Sea - Earrings (Design 2)
A variation on a theme...  These were made to match the
above pair of hairsticks, as the name suggests.  They are
also not the first earrings made to this purpose, although
perhaps my favorite.


Also of note, those last two photos were taken with my new camera.  As I said, I am incorporating them a little at a time!  Yay!


And, so, there we go.  Thank you for humoring me...  Every item that I make is special to me, each one has a story (both in its concept and its creation).  I am glad to share that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)