Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shining Silmarils

For the past month or two, I've been working on making lovely shimmery pendants using glass cabochons.  While I have been very excited about them, I have been a bit hesitant to post them on my store.  Why?  Simply because (as per usual) I didn't know what story to associate with them.  


The story that I finally decided on was, in fact, my mother's idea.  While we were on vacation two weeks ago, I showed her what I was creating.  She called them Silmarils (as in, the Simarillion by Tolkien--which I have read).


And, so, it stuck.


So, today I posted three lovely new items, two necklaces and one ring:







I am very content--especially with how the pictures turned out.  The pendants themselves shimmer and shift in the light...  for instance, the last one--the dark blue one--sometimes seems more purple than blue.  It's gorgeous.

I am very happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)