Sunday, August 8, 2010

Light and Shadow

I am officially addicted to taking pictures.


This morning when I woke up, I noticed that the light was on my desk again.  Actually--who am I kidding?  I woke up specifically looking for the light.  Also on my desk were some of the pretties that I had been working on last night (hoping to make more silmaril pendants).  So, before I even ate breakfast, I was busy taking these:












I love, love, love the way the light hits these beauties.  In fact, I love the interplay of light and shadow in general.  (I don't suppose it's any surprise that one of my favorite artists is Rembrandt?  I did an entire college paper on this: 


Jeremiah Lamenting the Destruction of Jerusalem


That paper ended up being quite long, too, if I recall...  I ended up writing 32 pages in one day.  Ahhhh, college.)


And now, for a lame segue:  also speaking of shadows, tonight's posted listing on my store is another pair of hairsticks, called Shadow Rose.  (Yep, lame.  I warned you.)







I named them Shadow Rose simply due to the contrast between the light and the dark--the dichotomy that I apparently find so aesthetically pleasing.  I actually made this pair for myself awhile back...  as with many of my other hairsticks, I have just never had the chance to wear them.  So, here they are, in all of their white-and-black glory.

Oh, and another name for Shadow Roses is Silent Roses.  Because I thought it sounded really cool, and enjoyed creating the story to go along with such a moniker.  (Curious?  Go see the listing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)