Thursday, May 26, 2016

Thursday's Worktable

Woo, slipping this entry in under the wire! It's still Thursday, but just barely. :)

It's been a super busy week, but you will be happy to know that, in the midst of all the deadlines and responsibilities, I've still been managing to have some fun. Like on Monday, when I went to see the Shakespeare tribute/celebration--the one that they filmed in Stratford-upon-Avon, and showed in select theaters on this side of the pond. 

And then yesterday, I went to a Harry Potter-themed dinner.

So, what does that have to do with my worktable? 

Well, the Harry Potter dinner was a potluck... and I made these to take with me:  


Deathly Hallow keychains!

...Because even when we're supposed to bring food items, I'll figure out a way to incorporate beads. Heh. I'm just that talented.

The keychains themseves are made with charms I picked up on Etsy awhile ago, along with black glass (the cut of which reminds me of the Resurrection Stone from the movies) and matching findings.

I didn't completely neglect food, though... I made those keychains to go on these:


Eight little baggies of Jelly Bellies!
Not the Bertie Bott flavors, but close enough for my purposes.

I admit that I went a little above and beyond because these were people that I had never met before, and I wanted to impress them. ("Here, have some sugar and a handmade Harry Potter keychain, please like me!") 

More than that, though, I had a lot of fun assembling those bags. I had a lot of fun making those keychains. 

...And I had a lot of fun making something just for fun, and not because I had to. I wasn't required to take something with me (since it was my first time going), I just wanted to. And so I did!

I also made some candied pineapple to take with me:


Yum!

And that has nothing to do with beads, I just wanted to show off anyway. I've never made candied pineapple before, and I think that's not bad for my first attempt! 

(As a bit of background: I'm not really comfortable in the kitchen. Recently, though, I've been pushing myself to try making food I've never tried before--a new dish every week. I've made steak, burrito bowls, and now candied pineapple. See, I don't just work with beads! *grin*)

So, that is what's been on my worktable (and in my kitchen) this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by... Have a wonderful night, everyone!

---
And why did I take candied pineapple to a Harry Potter-themed dinner? Because it was Professor Slughorn's favorite, of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)