Friday, April 13, 2012

...And This is Why It's Hard to Get Anything Done

Today has been a much-scattered day, when I have been having difficulty actually focusing on anything.


Nope, not even knitting!

I present Exhibit A:

  1. This morning, I checked Twitter.
  2. There was a funny link to a YouTube video; I clicked it.
  3. Whilst on YouTube, I decided to check my subscriptions.  In one video, the lady was wearing this fascinating little scarf.  
  4. I examined the scarf and learned that my inclination was correct: it was a miniature Dr. Who scarf.
  5. Natural progression: I want to make a Doctor Who scarf!  It's made only with garter stitch--how hard could it be?
  6. I began to research the Scarf (tm)--to learn that there are several different iterations of the theme.  Each season had its own scarf, all of different patterns and lengths. (The longest one is the scarf from season 18--it's 26 feet long!)  
  7. So, which scarf did I want to make?  Time for more research, this time looking for patterns.
  8. I settled on a Season 12 scarf--and found a pattern here.  
  9. Where to get the materials?  I actually have some of them.  And, oh, look, JoAnns is having an online sale!
  10. So, four hours after checking Twitter, the laundry was not done.... but I had lined up yet another project for myself--and may or may not have made a purchase from JoAnns.  *shifty eyes*


Look at all of the other projects, awaiting attention:
fancy yarn from Colorado that wants to be a scarf,
camo yarn to turn into potholders for a friend,
light blue training yarn for crochet training...
What's another one in the basket?


In good news, however, I have been able to focus a bit more since then.  Despite the many detours (yes, there are more Exhibits to consider), I have been productive!


The laundry has now been done and put away.  The dishes have been done and put away.  I have worked on my novel.


...And I have a package of Dr. Who yarn heading my way!  *geeky happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)