Sunday, May 2, 2021

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - May Edition

So... it's no surprise that I like to make large necklaces. I can't help it--I like tassels!

But, as I was thinking about what to do for this month's challenge, I decided to revisit a challenge I did back in June 2016, when my husband challenged me to make necklaces with 15 beads or less.

Except this time, I'm going to make it harder. This time, I'm going to make jewelry (specifically necklaces) with 10 beads or less. 

...10 beads.

Or less.

Woo-hoo! Time to bring on the minimalism!

My favorite piece I made in that June 2016 challenge... 
the necklace is made with exactly 15 beads, including the triangle piece.


Oh, and some fine print... I can use as many findings as needed--chain, wire, beadcaps, maybe one or two tiny little seed beads to make sure that beads don't slide off headpins... You get the idea. If I use a pendant, it will count as at least one bead--possibly more, if there is more than one element to it. And, last but not least, I'm going to aim to not make anything that is just a bead on a chain--although, depending on how much my muse cooperates, it might come to that! ;)

So, come back on Friday, May 28th to see what I create for this challenge! This should be fun.

Thanks for stopping by today... Have a great day everyone! And Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)