Friday, April 30, 2021

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - April 2021 Reveal

It's the last day of April! Imagine that.

As promised, today is the reveal for this month's Wonder and Whimsy Challenge. This month, I had a lot of fun playing around with pastels and lighter hues that I don't normally use.

Not my photo!
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash.

Overall, I made 5 necklaces. I had more planned, but that was all I had time for. Still, though, that's not too shabby!

Also, quick word of announcement--commentary is going to be a little light this entry, because I'm still recovering from my second Pfizer shot. (Before you get super worried, it's not too bad... I'm just super tired.) Hopefully, though the necklaces will be able to speak for themselves! *grin*

Necklace #1


This particular necklace is made with Czech glass, mother of pearl rounds, and a pendant I made with a shell I found in Rehoboth two years ago.



Necklace #2


If you look closely, you'll notice that this necklace is made with the same Czech glass as the previous necklace... only this time paired with white glass rounds, and vintage focal beads.



Necklace #3


For this one, I tried to challenge myself with stringing a necklace instead of using wire-wrapping. Materials include glass (Czech and otherwise), dyed quartz, and a printed wood pendant.



Necklace #4


It's tassel time! This one is made of glass and a vintage lucite focal bead.

I also plan on making this design using gold metal as well... I was hoping to get them both done this month, but time got away from me. 




Necklace #5


I included this one last because this is actually my favorite. In addition to being lovely, it has a bit of a story behind it.

The necklace's focal briolette is one of the beads that I bought it at the fateful bead expo where a lamp fell on my head and I got a concussion. It feels good to be able to turn a rather painful experience (literally) into something quite lovely. 

Similarly, the briolettes that I use for the earrings are from one of my favorite bead stores that is no longer in business. While sad that it's no longer around, I'm grateful for those beads--and just how well they match the necklace, although they were purchased more than a year apart!


So, ta-da! Those are the necklaces that I made for this challenge. As I said, I have more in the works--one that is all pink, and a few that are more cream than white. I'll try to post them when I finish them.

Thank you so much for stopping by today... I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. All the pieces are beautiful but the tassel piece is truly marvelous. It is so ethereal. I find it really difficult to work with pastel beads but you have done it so beautifully. Please do share tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Divya!! I really value your opinion, and I'm glad you like them. :)

      As far as tips... I'll do my best to write some up and post them, either here or Instagram--if I can think of any! A lot of this was trial and error, so I'll see if I can articulate the process.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)