Friday, April 2, 2021

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - April 2021 Edition

This year, I seem to be focused on really pushing the boundaries of what I usually create--getting myself out of my creative rut, I suppose. Expanding my creative vision. 

...Or just simply making sure that I don't get so comfortable doing my usual things that I forget to grow.

As I think on them, I realize that these Monthly Challenges might not really be challenges to other designers. To me, however, they have certainly been eye-opening exercises.

I say all of this by way of introducing this month's challenge. 

This month, I'm tackling one of my nemeses: Pastels.

Not my photo!
Photo by eberhard grossgasteiger on Unsplash.

Not my photo!
Photo by Paweł Czerwiński on Unsplash.

Not my photo!
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash.

I actually really like pastels... Or, rather, the concept of them. But I don't wear them (they look horrible with my skintone), and I forget sometimes that other people do. As such, I just don't think to use them. At all.

So, this month, that's what I'm doing. Stand aside, bold jewel tones... it's time for spring pastels!

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to... Come back on Friday, April 30th to see what I end up making for this challenge.

Until then, have a wonderful day (and month), everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how you work with these lighter shades. Actually, I think I saw some of them on IG the other day and the beads you had were gorgeous. You're going to rock this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)