Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday's Worktable

Just so you know, I'm going to be talking about my recent trip to the beach for awhile.

...Don't say that you weren't warned. Heh.

And honestly, can you blame me? This is one of the sunsets from when I was there... and it was even more magical and glorious than this picture can convey:


I have always loved the Atlantic Ocean... it can be broody and temperamental, but still absolutely gorgeous. Growing up in the Mid-Atlantic region spoiled me, I think... now that I'm back to being land-locked in the Midwest, I'm reminded just how much I miss water.

 So, this week, I have been reminiscing about waves and ocean fog and the smell of the surf... and cleaning off the shells I picked up on the beach:


I even decided to turn some of my favorites into pendants. 

First, I picked out which ones I thought would work well:


Then I coated them, to make them just a little bit stronger (added bonus: the coating gives them the same look as when they're wet):


...And then I glued on bails:


Simple, and beautiful, and something I could do with one hand. Yay!

I'll probably make more of these at some point... I really love how they turned out. I also picked out some shells to wire-wrap--but I need to wait until next month, when I can use my left hand again, to do that. Still, not too bad for a one-handed craft! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! And, to those who celebrate it: Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)